Friday, May 22, 2009

tiny stitches

One of my goals this spring was to clear out unfinished projects. Actually, it was to finish up stuff before starting new stuff, but I didn't quite keep to the second part. Still, I have finished up some things that were started long ago.
Like this petit point:
It's about 3"x3". Started it before we had children (Glenn is 11). When I picked it up again, I remembered why I put it down. There are a million colors and the stitches are SOOO tiny. I could only work on it in natural light during the day. I plugged away at it for a few weeks when I went to quilting and finally crossed it off my list.
I had no idea what to do with it, so I put it in my pile of finished needlework that has to be turned into something or framed. As I was going through the pile, I spotted this one:

Just as small in size, but because it's done on aida cloth, it wasn't nearly as tedious to do - I don't know what year, but this one also predates the children.
I think I need to come up with a third and put them all in a small wall quilt. Any thoughts?
Also, the third would have to be done as a line drawing of a cottage done in split stitch or backstitch. Something fast and easy. I'd like it done before I have grandchildren.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: