Saturday, November 7, 2009

the kids

A week late, but here's Halloween:
Ellie went as a character she created for her comic book, "Super Kitty".
This was the final costume choice after many, many other ideas. It started with Princess Leia about a month ago. I was thrilled - I already had a pattern from when Glenn was Obi Wan Kenobi, she had the perfect hair for the buns, and I could make Trixie an ewok suit (no one loves a theme more than me). As soon as I showed her the pattern, she informed me that was not the Princess Leia she wanted. No, she wanted to be the bikini-clad, Jabba the Hut's slave version of Princess Leia. Over my dead body. I rejected several other inappropriate choices before we both agreed on this one. I made sure to pick a sparkly fabric for the cape to appease her a bit. I also love the mask, which I'm certain my mother wore to a costume party in the 60's.
The first letters I drew for the "SK!" on the back were rejected. She was quite clear that they needed to have VERY POINTY ends.

Trixie got this number as a birthday present. There's really no topping spandex and tulle.

I realized that this is the first year I didn't get a photo of Glenn (or force him to take one with his sisters) before he took off with his friends. He did the bare minimum that would still get him candy - a werewolf mask with his regular clothes.

One for the kids, one for mom, one for the kids, one for mom...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Poppy B. said...

Of course the SUPER KITTY costume is awesome, but what I really love is Trixie wearing a turtleneck under her mermaid top. And gloves.

You are such a good mom.