Tuesday, August 10, 2010

poppy pouch

Another gift for the generous Poppy.
I spotted this ribbon at the Portsmouth Fabric Company. Check them out online or in person. It's one of the best fabric stores I've been in. When I told them this was to be a gift, they offered me the use of their sewing machines since I was on vacation. I passed due to time constraints, and it's a good thing I didn't know I'd have access to a machine ahead of time.
Once I had to have the ribbon I needed to search for some coordinating fabric. These are from the Kaffe Fassett collection.
The pattern was based on one of my Vera Bradley cosmetic bags. To make it a little easier I quilted the exterior fabric on fusible fleece. The zipper pull is made of beads from my stash.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sherman Unkefer said...

Gorgeous pouch! My wife will definitely love it.