Thursday, February 12, 2009

thrifty thursday

This just might be my favorite piece of thrifted furniture ever-
A child's desk bought on a "half off day" for $25.
Trixie is incredibly jealous of Ellie's desk/vanity and would like her own place "to work". This will make the perfect gift for her birthday this year or next. (We'll see how she does with keeping markers on paper...)
The finish is a bit shot, so it may get a coat of paint or a sanding and fresh coat of poly. The legs needs some serious gluing and probably a screw or two from underneath.
But look what's underneath:

The paper portion scrolls through a over a dozen "lessons" and the slate slides out completely to reveal a hidden cubbie underneath.

I didn't see this part until I had it at home.

I think it was meant to be ours.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - absolutely fabulous! What a find!

That One said...

Charming! Trixie is going to love it.

(Maybe you could cover the top with that clear tablecloth vinyl somehow? To help with keeping the markers off the bare wood?)

blackbird said...

Treasure.

normajean716 said...

I am so excited to have been there for this incredible find. And to think - thrifting was not in the plan that day. The desk was definitely calling us....

One Reader said...

Holy Crow?!? $25??? Can I just say Awesome & Jealous!