Wednesday, May 14, 2008

my new favorite thing

Where has perle cotton embroidery floss been all my life? I've seen it in the stores, but never bothered with it because I used the regular six strand floss for everything. I'm a fool. This stuff is great. It's what I used to embroider some purchased overalls for Ellie.

The designs are all from TheWee Wonderful's Tulip Fairy embroidery pattern. They each fit perfectly on various parts of the outfit. I didn't actually use the Tulip Fairy design though. Too big for this project.


Ellie's favorite part - a cat, of course.


The bib could have used a larger design, I suppose, but overall I think they turned out pretty cute.


For those who want to know - I used a simple backstitch on all of the designs(the perle cotton creates a nice thick line with that stitch) with a few french knots for eyes(just once around the needle for those). On some of the designs I was able to stitch inside the pocket to hide the work, but on a lot of it, the stitches had to go through all the layers. Use a very sharp needle. And watch your fingers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuter than cute!

Rebekah said...

so adorable! I've never tried that thread before. I'll have to give it a second look.