Tuesday, May 6, 2008

yo yo capris

What do you do when your kid continues to grow taller, but not wider? I'm hoping to get another season or two of wear out of Ellie's jeans by turning them into capris. This idea came from the same book as the yo yo tank top. I'm still working on the coordinating shirt embellishments.


There's a pile of fabric waiting to be cut for several projects in my sewing room, but the weather is so nice that I had to get started on some other projects this weekend. I'm guessing you don't care to see pictures of a large bag of weeds that got pulled or a freshly painted, brown mudroom floor.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh so cute. So much better than a freaky yo yo clown doll.

Rebekah said...

that's such a cute idea! I need to do that with my pants (I'm too tall for my own good!)

I really need to start using my yo yo maker!

Badger said...

Those are super cute! Only now, at age 12, has my boy child started to grow out instead of just up. Until this year, he could wear the same shorts he wore when he was eight (but his jeans all had paperbag waists, oy).

jacquie said...

Gotta love yoyos. This is a cute idea!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love those yo-yo capris - they really add some colour to the jeans. The matching t-shirt is lovely too!! You come up with some great ideas for embellishments.