Tuesday, May 12, 2009

peter and friends

Another practice piece doll quilt:
I played a little with different ways to make four patches and some fussy cutting.
Leftovers were used for the back and binding.

The free motion quilting was done using the tissue paper method. I sketched a typical Beatrix Potter vine (the ones she often used to frame things) and placed them vertically on the quilt. I now see the benefit of continuous line designs. This one had too many starts and stops in it to make it a good option for a larger quilt.

Still loving that lawn...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Poppy B. said...

Oh, that is the cutest. What a lucky doll.

I love Beatrix Potter. I even came up with a decorating color scheme based on an illustration in The Tailor of Gloucester (which I'm sure is your favorite BP book!)