Friday, June 12, 2009

ring pincushion

As promised the little pincusion from thrifty thursday:
If memory serves me right, I saw these on WiseCraft a long time ago. If I'm wrong, please let me know in the comments. (I found this tutorial, but it's not the post I saw first.) They're made from the pull tabs on juice cartons. I just used a large yo-yo maker and some of my precious Liberty fabric to put running stitches along the edge of a circle of fabric. Instead of pulling it taught to make a flat yo-yo, I stuffed it with fiberfill, then inserted the disc part of the pull tab. Once that was in place, the threads were pulled tight and knotted off. (The knot is not centered over the plastic disc - more to one side.)

Slip the ring portion over your finger and viola! Just enough pins for a small project while watching television. If the ring is too tight, just snip it with scissors. It'll still hold onto your finger just like those bat rings at Halloween.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: