Wednesday, August 26, 2009

easy empire waist top

A new model for the class I'm teaching in October:
It's from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones book. This one was done in the 9-12 mos. size, but I think it runs large.
I still need to work out a few kinks before the class. I had a little trouble with some fabric pulling from the stitching on the sleeve vents, but I think I know how to solve it and make it much easier to do successfully for beginners. It didn't help that I was sewing that part around 10pm which is well past my sewing expiration time for the night. My brain has already shut down for the evening by then - I never cut things out that late at night either. I'm sure to make a mistake if I do.

The contrasting trim is far easier to do than it looks. You can almost see the vent at the bottom of the sleeve that gave me trouble.

Just a simple button closure in the back. There are side vents as well on the bottom of the tunic.
I'd love this shirt in my size.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

blackbird said...

I always want children's clothing for myself - this top is no exception.