Wednesday, October 17, 2007

thrifty kitties

I'm in the midst of a few projects that requre a bit more handwork before they can be photographed. In the meantime here's something I worked on this summer.



The quilt was found at the Salvation Army Thrift Store for $1.50. The construction on it is basic - two pieces of fabric sewn together with a flannel lining (no binding). It was tied when I found it, but many were missing, the color was garish(variegated hot pink) and those that were intact seemed to be off in their placement. I removed the old ones and chose a green floss that matches the ribbons on the kittens in the fabric. By the end of a few tv shows, it was finished.





You can see it makes a great picnic blanket too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see the pictures. Is just me?

Susie Sunshine said...

Even Martha's little red X's where pictures should be look better than mine!

Wendy said...

AARGH! This must be why there was some weird error message from Picasa.

Please hold - We are experiencing technical difficulties.

I'll repost later if I have to.

Susie Sunshine said...

My Salvation Army only has crap. This angers me.