Friday, February 22, 2008

a weighty matter

After my rice pillow bonanza I've found myself with quit a bit of rice leftover. If you know me, you know I won't be cooking it anytime soon. What to do with the extra?
Pattern weights.
(Or if you're one of my kids and I'm not looking - they make great bean bags.)

I love anything that makes the drudgery of cutting out a pattern go faster and if I can eliminate pinning, great. The shapes of fabric pieces from my scrap drawer determined the final shape of the weights. I figured different shapes would work well for going around curves and holding down corners of pattern pieces. I might even add some long snakelike shapes to go along the edges of longer pattern pieces.



They worked well. With any luck I'll have a top to show you next week.


1 comment:

Susie Sunshine said...

That is genius. It takes me longer to pin a stupid pattern than to sew the thing and as you know, that's a REALLY LONG TIME!!!