Thursday, March 20, 2008

sign of spring

It definitely feels like spring has arrived outside. Not quite warm enough to wear this just yet, but soon, I hope.


The pattern is from Built by You(Simplicity). This view is supposed to be a minidress, but those days are long gone for me. I cut it much shorter and have deemed it a tunic length. The fabric is from Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy collection.

I loved the ties on the sleeves. They hit just above the elbow. Note to self: Next time you sew with a pattern marketed to juniors - leave a little extra room in the sleeve to avoid the sausage casing effect.


I also loved the gathering at the neckline. I'm hoping the shaping darts in the back prevent anyone asking me when I'm due.


And the new skill I tackled on this one: the lapped zipper. It took several readings of the pattern and repressing the folds after I did it backwards the first time, but I'm happy with the results.

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the fabric!

Carol said...

It looks so well made. I love those details. I want to see this on you, "styled," because it looks like a really difficult top to pull off without answering questions about due dates.

blackbird said...

Oh! that will look nice with some capri pants on a warm spring day...