Wednesday, March 5, 2008

tea time apron

I can't believe how little Ellie looks in this picture. It was taken the summer of '06.



I'd found a tea towel with a printed pattern for cross stitch while thrifting. Had to take that home. I stitched it up and then wondered what to do with it. Too small for a kitchen towel and we don't really take tea with all the fancy trappings around here.



The width was just right for a child's apron. I cut it in half using the stitched portion for the skirt with two small pleats tucked in at the waist. The other half was cut shorter for the bib and hemmed on the sides to make it narrower. Buttonholes were put in so the neck strap could be short enough to hold the apron up high. Both that strap and the ties are just lengths of cotton twill tape.




Now I need to go figure out what she's done with it. I haven't seen it in a long time. I think the dress up bin should be the first place I search.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, she looks like the waitress at the world's cutest diner!