Tuesday, April 8, 2008

bubble wrap suit

No pictures of this project. Just something I think I need to make for Trixie. Instead of taking project photos when the sun was shining and working on sewing projects yesterday, I was in the emergency room with her. (I know some of you -blackbird, Angie, Trish - saw this day coming long ago.)

Long story short - she tripped in her room, fell forward and caught her forehead on the edge of her bedframe. A lot of blood, a sight I'll never get out of my head, and 7 stitches later, she's okay. She also gets an award for the bravest kid ever. Except for two cries when they gave her a shot, she was perfectly still and silent during the stitching. She was quite the celebrity with the nurses.

I'm taking it easy this week. After I scrounge up the bubble wrap and duct tape I might get some sewing done. As for this afternoon, I'm taking a nap. For some reason I didn't sleep well last night...

6 comments:

Carol said...

Was she wearing the Fisher Price bus shoes that day?

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I bet you have already whipped up a cute ice bag for that sweet little head.

Susie Sunshine said...

I think Trixie and I share the same co-ordination challenges.

Poor baby. And poor baby's stressed mama.

Badger said...

Oh no! I think every family has an Emergency Room Child. My brother was one, and so is my girl child. I hope Trixie is on the mend soon!

blackbird said...

Oof - let's put Trixie's circus career on hold for a couple of weeks.
She'll heal faster than you will...I know.

Poppy B. said...

Poor baby! And poor you!

Make sure to make the bubble wrap suit big enough for her to grow into. Then she'll be able to wear it when she competes on Dancing with the Stars.