Friday, April 4, 2008

perfect for twirling

I finished up this model for a class I'm teaching this summer. (pattern: Little Hip Skirts by Favorite Things - fabric: Freshcuts by Heather Bailey) Beginning sewers take note - this pattern was VERY easy. It also takes very little fabric in the small sizes, but has maximum twirl factor. Finally got smart and started making the models a size larger than what my girls are wearing at the moment so they'll fit when I get to take them home. Once again, I made my casing a bit too snug for the elastic. Actually, I sewed the size recommended in the pattern only to find I didn't have the width elastic called for on hand. I made do with something a teeny bit too wide. Note to self: check supplies BEFORE sewing.
Now I can't wait for the class to be over so I can put it on Trixie. I have some fabric set aside for a double layered version for Ellie. Hopefully, I'll get busy and be able to share it in a few weeks.

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a beautiful skirt - you are right it does look perfect for twirling! The fabric is perfect.