Tuesday, August 26, 2008

neglected skirt

I should consider August a "finish what you have" month. I've been working dilligently to get UFO's out of my sewing room.
This one had been cut and all the notions were gathered and tucked away with it. I think it was started in the spring of '07. No idea why I stopped working on it. Fear of the invisible zipper? (Which really, with the right presser foot, is nothing to be afraid of.)

Anyway, it's done now and it still fits(a bit of concern when walking away from a project for that long...). The pattern is McCalls 4306. It's a good basic pattern for a bias cut skirt. It was hemmed with thrifted bias tape. Can you believe the color match?
I might get to wear it a few times before it feels too much like fall around here.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to spend most of my summer laying on a beach and love to wear cool summer skirt. Got a cool designed skirt from Orvis at very genuine price.