Wednesday, August 6, 2008

pj redo

Yes, more pajamas. These were supposed to be off the rack. They're Nick and Nora silk jammies from Target that I found on the clearance rack. When I got home I found out why they were on clearance. The original menswear top was a medium. The pants were an XXL. Dang.
The pants were cut down to the proper size and reserged together. New elastic went in the waistband. All in all an easy fix. I thought I was done.
Then I tried on the shirt and I can't begin to explain how weird it fit. Maybe it was the choice of fabric in that style. The silk pulled and shifted. There was no way I could sleep comfortably in it. In a last ditch attempt to save the set, I cut out a motif from the shirt and appliqued it on a tank.

Not exactly a clearance bargain for all the work that went into it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

That One said...

Maybe no longer a clearance bargain, but CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Rebekah said...

bummer about the sizing and fit...but it looks like you were able to make it work fabulously!