Wednesday, September 3, 2008

just ducky

Another pillow for the girls' room.
I can't remember if Carol thrifted the embroidered piece or if I did. One more item that's been waiting patiently for me to get to it - at least 4 years. It's not like I didn't know what I would do with it - the motif goes perfectly with the ducks fabric in their room.
It was appliqued onto the gingham fabric with a simple straight stitch hidden in the crochet detailing around the edges of the duck piece. After that was done the pillow cover was sewn together. This was another one of those things that went together so quickly I'm kicking myself for putting it off so long.

Quack.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carol said...

Too cute. You must have picked up this ducky piece. Quack.

jacquie said...

darling!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Just lovely - great use of a thrifted embroidered linen.