Monday, September 22, 2008

a treehouse for bettyninja

One more block under my belt. This one was for Bettyninja. Our challenge was to make a treehouse block. With no restrictions on how to put it together I chose to fuse the pieces. I knew early on that I wanted to do a lot of hand embroidery on the block and I'd only have time for that if I didn't have to figure out how to piece it or learn needle turn applique.

Look at those happy fabrics she sent. You can read more about the needlework I did here.

As I'm looking at these pictures I keep seeing places I'd have loved to stitch more details. It's a good thing there was a deadline in place.

She asked that we all sign our work somewhere. I thought a mailbox was a fitting spot. Every month it's where I get a new challenge from a new friend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

so adorable! I love all of your blanket stitching. And that mailbox is too cute :)