Wednesday, January 16, 2008

adventures in thrifting - part 2

Yesterday's treasures were from our first stop in Glen Ellyn. Later that day we were off to the Salvation Army. Gotta love a thrift shop that stays open til 9pm.
These little beauties were spotted as I was checking out. Right now it's a necklace. The colors are pefect for my sewing area. Kitschy lampshade decorations? Doo dads to hang off a basket? No idea what to do with them right now. I just liked the colors and super plasticness(it's a word, I swear!) of them.

Vintage napkins. The white ones will get used for their original purpose. Not sure about the tan one. Though I think it would be cool to have a collection of mismatched vintage napkins and just mix them up on the table. I can always pull it out of the cabinet in the dining room if I want to sew it into something else.

I believe blackbird spotted this little beauty. The lace on the pocket needs some stain removal, but I love it - not exactly practical for cooking. That may explain my attraction to the fancy ones.


More vintage hankies. Again, for a project that doesn't yet exist. I looked at the blue one for ages trying to figure out the initial and finally realized I was looking at it from the wrong side...

The heart one is calling out for the perfect Valentine project.


3 comments:

blackbird said...

I've done that - looked at a monogram from the wrong side...

The army thrift shop freaked me out a little.

Poppy B. said...

It's a P.

FOR POPPY.

That's all I'm going to say. I've never been one to hint around. Much.

Wendy said...

It is a P for Poppy. And it needs to go to its new home.