Wednesday, January 23, 2008

trying to catch up

I did a bit of sewing this weekend, but can't post pictures until the items have arrived at their destinations. I have a leftover Christmas project or two to post as well and am just not in the mood for that. The last two days were spent labeling every item that Glenn took on his outdoor education trip that started today(he gets home on Friday). Once that was done, he had to learn how to pack it all himself and roll his sleeping bag properly. Believe me, it was a project for sure, but not something I want to post pictures of.

So to keep to my promise to myself to post at least every Wednesday, I give you - Soap Mice.
The project came from Angelina Ballerina's Christmas Craft Book. It looked simple enough in the directions - grate bars of ivory soap(one per mouse), mix the flakes with a bit of water and mold the stuff into balls to make the mice. Add a few cloves for eyes and some twigs for arms. It looked like a great project for Basia to do with the kids. I set it all up(including grating the bars of soap), gave her the gist of it and took off to run errands. Upon my return, she told me that she did not care to do that project ever again.
I may not listen to her though. Look how cute they turned out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are very cute! I want to hear more about what Basia said.