Tuesday, June 24, 2008

can you spot the tourist?

If all goes as planned, this project should post as we drive to Maine.

This tote is my little homage to the state I love. The pattern is from Purses, Bags and Totes by Cindy Taylor Oates(the model is an apple basket rather than blueberries). I used fusible fleece to quilt it instead of batting because it was faster. The quilting lines follow the vertical lines on the basketweave fabric.

I can't really bring myself to use it as a purse, so it's filled with paper, crayons and games for the kids when we're eating out this next week.

I have a little backlog of projects that I'm hoping will post while I do touristy things, so stop back in this week, there'll be plenty to see while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is so stinking cute!