Monday, June 30, 2008

paisley dresses

More dresses for the girls. That they really don't need. I just can't stop myself.



This time the dolls got some new clothes as well.




The doll pattern I drafted myself using the girls' dresses as a guide. (Very easy - there's only one piece that's cut on the fold and used for both the front and back.) Fabric was $1/yd clearance stuff at Joann's. The trim is vintage bias from the stash. I used every bit of the two packages I had.


The photo is washed out from the sun so it's difficult to see, but the bias tape was also used to hem the dress as well as trim the top and make the ties. With any luck I'll have a tutorial up soon on how I did that.

3 comments:

jenontheedge said...

Oh my, how cute. Matching sisters, matching dolls. I'm SO not letting my Ellie see this or else she'd start wanting matching outfits for her and her 720 American Girl dolls.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your daughters look so cute in their matching dresses and matching dolls outfits! I used to love doing that when my daughter was small.

Sewing-Chick said...

Look at you making matching dolly dresses! You must be the best mother on the planet :)