Friday, June 6, 2008

slumber party - part 2

More lounge pants from the In Stitches book. I can't remember if I posted these a while back when I made them as a sample for a class I was teaching. I just got around to doing the tee shirt to go with them.


The applique is a motif from the pants fabric. For those who care - here are the details. The motif is adhered to the tee with fusible web. I cut a little extra around the design to be hidden under the stitching. Some tear away stabilizer was placed underneath the tee (I keep it in place with temporary adhesive spray -like 505). The stitch is a zig zag in a narrow width and set to a density that's one notch tighter than a buttonhole stitch on my machine. If you can, ease up on your presser foot pressure(it will help prevent your teeshirt from shifting or rippling).

Oh, and sew very slowly around those curves.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

cute applique! The one and only time I tried this, it was a complete nightmare...I'll slow down a ton next time!

I got your block in the mail yesterday and it is gorgeous! I love the embroidery that you did and it was my first time seeing pearl cotton in person. Where do you buy that type of thread?...it's gorgeous. I'll try to get a photo of the block soon :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your PJ's look great and your applique looks very professional. I recently purchased some fabric to do something similar - so thanks for the tips!