Whew, got this one in the mail last week, so I'm hoping that Jacquie has it by now.
I have a yard of the five fabrics in this group and colorway, but had no idea what I was going to do with them. I just couldn't let it sell out before I added a bit to the stash. This challenge may have inspired me to make a quilt out of it for Glenn.
Jacquie requested a block that didn't look like a block for her son who's soon to head off to college.
My main goal was to keep the tree and deer intact in the feature fabric. The diagonal seam accomplished that pretty well. I added the solids on either side of the paint pot fabric and love how they matched the colors in the pots on their respective sides. The sizes of fabric she sent wound up being just perfect for the design.
This block also produced a phone message to a quilting friend who nearly had to talk me down off a ledge. I insanely decided that a great idea would be to hand applique the solids onto to the paint by number fabric to look as though the block had been painted in a few spots. Um, yeah, I managed to talk myself out of that one before I got a call back.