Tuesday, March 10, 2009

trixie's tee

Lately I've been snapping up teeshirts that are on clearance for applique work.
This started with an applique of a kerchief girl's head from superbuzzy. I built the body out of fabric scraps and a bit of ribbon. Wonder under and a tight zig zag stitch hold the body in place. The head was just edgestitched.
I've been loving all the matryoshka dolls that have been out in pattern, fabric and ribbon form and think there'll be a lot more of them in the girls' future.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

heather jane said...

I was just thinking today how much I would love to round up some plain little shirts for applique. I really love the doll! Thanks for the motivation.

Rebekah said...

This is so adorable! I've been on a matryoshka doll kick lately...I might need to make one of these in my size!