Friday, November 30, 2007

opening night

Glenn's stage debut was this evening. I present to you - Young Scrooge.
I wasn't sure what I would be in for on the costume crew - especially once I told people that I knew how to sew, but it was all pretty managable. The only thing that I had to make from scratch were some knickers for Glenn. Everything else was basic - add a little length here, pin something else up there.





A very dark (who'd have thought it would be so hard to get a close up shot in a dressing room filled with lights?) picture of the knee closure on the knickers. Hard to see, but they're sewn of a finewale black cord that looks almost like velvet, but was much easier to work with. Even the back zipper went in without a hitch.


The show went off without a hitch too. All the kids did a great job and I think Glenn has found his niche. He seemed to enjoy autographing programs for the fans...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those knickers are so cute! Don't you wish boys still wore them?

Good for Glenn!

blackbird said...

Gorgeous...