Wednesday, December 5, 2007

christmas stockings

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. We've a few inches of snow on the ground and are expecting more in the next day or so. Now I have to get to work making it look like Christmas inside the house. I won't be able to put the kids off much longer.


These were made last year just in time for Christmas Eve. (I was still sewing buttons on Glenn's stocking that day.) The fabric is Laura Ashley velvet in spruce that was leftover from a chair slipcover. They're lined in cream drapery lining that was also leftover from other projects.


This one is Trixie's. You can't see it too well in the photo, but there's a bell on that pointy toe. The trim was found at an estate sale that fall.





Ellie's is a fancy boot for a fancy girl. The silk ribbon is new. It crisscrosses to "lace up" the front of the stocking.


Glenn's is very heavy. All those mother-of-pearl buttons added a lot more weight than I expected. Some are new, some are vintage.



With any luck, they'll be hung by the weekend.

2 comments:

blackbird said...

Of course I love them.
And I love that they are different but the same - that's a great color.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stockings! I love the shape of the girls ones.