Monday, December 17, 2007

spaceboy

No, this post isn't about Glenn when he has to get up early in the morning. This little guy is from a pattern by Wee Wonderfuls. He'll be heading off to a cousin's son in the next day or two.




I lucked out finding some fat quarters on clearance at Joann's that had a space theme(I found others with robots, but that's a whole different post). I fussy cut a piece and appliqued it to a store bought tee because you really need to match your toys, don't you?




The vintage button is out of my stash. All of the wool felt is from the shop. Because the recipient just turned one, I blanket stitched the belt all the way around and the button has been sewn on more securely than I've ever sewn anything in my life. The pattern has some very cute goggles, but I skipped those. I have a feeling they'd be taken off and flung on the floor at every opportunity by a kid that young.


Beam me back to my sewing room, I have a lot more to get done by next Tuesday.




No comments: