Okay, I admit it, the first of Trixie's gifts is a bit of cheating. I didn't make the dress(it came from the thrift shop), but I added a few flower shaped yo-yos with some vintage buttons in the centers. The angle of the photo doesn't show that the dress' buttons are also flower shaped. And the colors are a bit off here, but it looks pretty cute in person. She likes anything that requires the wearing of tights -the better to be like her big sister.
Here's the other quilt that I should have started when I actually bought the fabric (months and months ago). Let's just say I was waiting for inspiration to strike - a few weeks before I had to wrap it. Like the Dick and Jane quilt, this one was all about the fabric. Fortunately, the large prints were available in a wider width(54") and I didn't have to piece the backing. That's actually what determined the size of the quilt. Again, this one only has a few pieces on the top - nine. The sock monkey came from a kit and was actually finished in early December. Don't care to make another of those. Hand sewing knit fabric isn't high on my lists of enjoyable crafts.
The rick rack came out of my stash and was added after I had finished the top. It wound up giving me the answer to how I'd quilt the border. I drew a template mimicking its shape and free motion quilted some rick rack in the border. The center portrait fabric was quilted on the black lines with mono filament thread.