Monday, April 20, 2009

drapes hung, check

I'm working my way through a list of home projects that have been put off til spring.
I can finally check living and dining room drapes off the list.


It took nearly 6 years to make a decision. I went with a striped silk from Restoration Hardware in goldenrod. They're much closer to the wall color than they look in the photo. For several years I thought I should make them, but realized I was far too nervous about cutting the lengths properly. To me, that's the hardest part of long drapes.


That view out of the dining room window reminds me that I need to get working outside too. We really need a tree out there to block the view of beige siding. The joys of living next to new construction...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

molly said...

They look great! Are you happy with them? Can't wait to see them in person.
Jan (but signed in as "Molly", who obviously comandeered my google account when she signed into her email on my computer...)

blackbird said...

I'm so glad you didn't sew the drapes. I couldn't TAKE IT. (they would have been a lot of work -but perfect)