Tuesday, April 14, 2009

puppy love

Doll quilts are great little practice pieces.
I've been meaning to do more improvisational cutting. While it doesn't look that involved, just running a rotary cutter through fabric with no ruler, no measurements doesn't come easy for me. I used a small stack of charm squares from the pampered pooch line by Moda, paired them up, ran the cutter through them, and sewed them back together.

Next on my list of things to practice - free motion quilting in this back and forth pattern. Those turns aren't very easy to make. Well, I can make them, but not with an even stitch length. I need to remind myself to slow down more as I'm headed into them.

I'm getting better at labeling them right away too.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

so adorable! doll quilts are such a great way to use up random fabric and try new techniques

blackbird said...

I find it very difficult to believe that you are still learning and practicing....