Wednesday, April 1, 2009

norma's sewing basket

Before: Love that 80's color palette.
After:

The fabric is a William Morris print from the fantastic garage sale in the fall. I tried to come up with a way to remove the old fabric or sew over the top of it with the new one. Nothing quite worked. The best solution turned out to be the easiest - glue. After cutting the fabric to size with a turning allowance, I pinned it to the existing fabric and pressed the turned under edges down with tacky glue.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great makeover.

Carol

MsCellania said...

I just discovered fabric glue. It's my new BFF.
My sewing basket is a large fishing tackle box. And a bunch of old cigar boxes from my gramma.

Kristi said...

Great job! I was looking at the pictures wondering how you did that. No way would I have thought you GLUED it!

be*mused jan said...

I will need to examine this. ;-)
I have a similar, very ugly basket for which I had been considering options...starting to get excited about possibilities!

Meredith@MerchantShips said...

Oh, that's lovely. I can't believe how much the fabric tones down the paint.

blackbird said...

Ooof. That's a good one.